Wednesday, 4 January 2012

The Negative Community.


The true reason behind this blog is to bring forth positive energy and hope in the female community. The idea came around after reading so many negative status' on Facebook and hearing so many females at my school have such negative opinions about their bodies, personalities and intelligence. It saddens me that so many girls have such negative opinions of themselves. But the 'negative community' isn't only just negative about themselves, they are also much more likely to be negative towards others: saying negative comments or bringing up someone else's flaws. I also read on the Internet that the majority of people are negative by nature, but honestly, in my opinion, you don't have to be. To me, being negative wastes way to much energy, energy that can be useful elsewhere.

The many status' that I have seen lately have continually been negative: "I hate my life", "FML", "Why does this always happen to me?", "Why am I always sooooo jealous?" and many others. These status' seem only to be ones seeking attention, but is there any back story behind it? Sometimes these status' may just be for the attention, yet after looking around further on the web, there can be reasons behind negative comments, not only on the Internet but in our real lives.

Reasons for Someone May Be Negative:
  • They may be depressed.
  • They may have a horrible past.
  • Their life isn't going so great at the moment.
  • It may be a coping mechanism.
  • It makes them feel better about themselves.
  • It becomes habitual.
  • They may not be in touch with their emotions.

Signs You Are Being Too Negative:
  • You're complaining a lot, usually over everything.
  • You always notice flaws.
  • When others are talking about positive things, you have to be constantly negative about it.
  • If things go well, you have many reasons as to why it 'sucks'.
  • On social networking sites you constantly post things that consist of being negative or "I hate my life."
  • You always see yourself as the 'victim'.

But how does one become more positive and drop the negative attitude? While it may seem somewhat impossible, I went looking across the web for methods that may help you in becoming a more positive, happy person:

  • Live more in the moment and don't dwell on the past, move on.
  • Practice being positive and focus on it.
  • Face your fears - scared of it? Do it!
  • Be aware that you are being negative.
  • Simply, just try to hold your tongue.
  • "This isn't something you can exactly seek out, but if you ever find yourself around another negative person, it can really show you from an outside perspective how irritating it can be. That may give you the push you need to cut down on this behaviour yourself." [http://www.succeedsocially.com/negative]

Now, I'm not saying that I cannot be negative myself, but I try to live my life being positive. Out of all my friends and family, I seem to be the most positive. But being positive doesn't just happen. A few years ago I was quite negative about myself and did some things I wasn't proud of, but after that year I became focused on changing my ways and being positive about myself. Since then, I couldn't be happier! I am extremely happy with my life right now, and I find that having a positive energy benefits you not only mentally, but physically and socially as well.

"Don't point out other people's flaws because you're not perfect; you have to look in the mirror before you can look out the window."

"Whatever makes you feel bad, leave it. Whatever makes you smile, keep it."

"Yesterday's gone, we gotta keep moving on."

No comments:

Post a Comment