Welcome to not only 2012, but the official Hewitt Rose blog. I sit here, trying to find the perfect way of introducing myself to you. I thought about listing things, or one of those poems where you put your name and something about you goes with a certain letter... What are they called?... But, as I'm sitting here in my bedroom, my laptop on my knees as I watch How I Met Your Mother reruns...again, I have come up with the perfect solution. Now, don't laugh at me. I am about to explain to you my bedroom (not in a creepy/freaky way, I shall add). As I believe, my wonderful sanctuary will explain me well.
Piles upon piles of DVD's are on my bedroom floor, but the ones close to my bed are the ones I have watched not only recently, but obsessively. Stargate Universe, X-Men, Stargate Atlantis, Supernatural and How I Met Your Mother. These all represent my love for science fiction (I am a true geek at heart), my constant need for Barney love and my first television crush Jensen Ackles. In the drawer next to my bed are my guilty pleasures: gossip magazines (millions of them) and my DVD collection of Keeping up with the Kardashians (♥). Next to me is my beloved IPhone, my third can of coke zero tonight, my black nail polish, a dozen candles and my IPod. But despite all of these things, my room is a mess. I can't remember what my desk looks like and my floor is a mess... :). I am not very organised, so I'm surprise I actually wrote this blog post in time. ;) Joking.
Anyway. Not only is this blog post about the wonders of Hewitt Rose (don't you just love people who talk in third person?), but also the upcoming year for this blog. What is ahead for this blog? But really, how did it all begin? Well, the idea came to me after reading so many negative status' on Facebook by young women. I saw how little they thought of themselves, and then I began to see this everywhere: at school, on Tumblr, on Twitter, even my friends were saying negative comments about themselves. I hated seeing young women like this. I'm not sure if it was annoyance or the fact that it made me upset, but I wanted to start something which promoted positive energy. This is how the blog came about.
To be honest, I have been sitting here, thinking of a creative, inspiring way to finish this blog post. I am going to leave you with a quote that I am absolutely in love with, something that everyone everyone should remember. But, before I do, I would just like to tell you that tomorrow will be a blog post about friendships. The importance of a good friendship and when they turn bad.
"No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive." ♥.

No comments:
Post a Comment